Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Day 50

Okay, got going again today.  Did some leg/knee raises this morning after my run, then hit the gym at lunch for some more.


Classic Workout #1 / #2 Sets Reps Actual
       
Decline Narrow Pushup 2 20 15,15
Decline Wide Pushup 2 20 20,15
Decline Pushup 2 20  
Pull-up 3 5-10 8,8,7
Neutral Pull-up 3 5-10 8,8,7
Chin-up 3 5-10  
Hanging Knee Raise 1 20 20
Bent Knee Raises 2 15 10,10,8
Incline Pike Pushups 3 15 15,7,7
Dips (Knees up) 3 10 10,10,10


Decline pushups are hard (at least harder than regular).  I don't really feel myself progressing on these yet but I am going to exhaustion.


Pull-ups were okay - opted to try to get to 3 sets of 8 before I go beyond 8.  Have also been considering dropping down to 2 sets of each kind of pull-up just to save some time.  That would also match up with the 2 sets of each kind of pushup I am doing right now.


On the pike push-ups.  My first set my feet were on a stack of about 5 chairs.  For the next 2 sets I moved my feet up higher to the top of the backs of those chairs.  It was much harder and I was only able to get in 7 reps on each - have to be careful going to exhaustion on these because if I fall, I fall on my head. 


All in all a pretty good workout day - definitely starting to see some definition in my arms, chest and abs (well, aside from the little bit of fat covering the abs).  Will take new pictures at day 60 to show the 2 month change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 78

Not much today - missed lunch due to meetings.  But this morning I did get in some dips after my stretching.  Three sets - 20,18,15 of regul...