Friday, April 28, 2017

Day 31

Okay, new round of workouts - got them all in this morning as I have a dentist appointment at lunch today, but going forward I will probably start breaking these out between 2 workouts, either both the same day or between two different days.  I just feel kind of rushed to get all the sets and reps done and want to make sure I do this right.


So here's the results for today:


Classic Workout #1 / #2 Sets Reps Actual
       
Narrow Pushup 2 20 20,20
Wide Pushup 2 20 20,20
Pull-up 3 5-10 6,5,5
Neutral Pull-up 3 5-10 6,5,5
Chin-up 3 5-10 6,5,5
Hanging Knee Raise 3 15-20 20,20,15
Incline Pike Pushups 3 15 15,10,10
Dips (Knees up) 3 10 8,8,8




Pull-ups felt pretty good - was able to add a rep to each type which I am happy with.  I probably could have added a few more reps in the early set but wanted to make sure I could get through all the sets.  The last set of the chin-ups I struggled a bit with the last rep so I think I planned it well.


Push-ups felt better than last time.  I was able to get through 20 reps in each set, though my tempo may have been a little faster than it should be.  I'll try slowing it down a little bit on the next workout.  I am definitely feeling some definition forming in my chest though, which is nice.


No real progress on the knee raises, though I still feel the burn.  But I still lose form toward the end of the third set.


Dips, I found another callisthenic workout that had dips with the knees up as the next progression so I did those.  It was an awkward position for me and I was only able to get in 8 for each set.  Strength Rules has Staggered dips as the next progression but at my gym I haven't found a way to do that as the dip stations have very small areas for gripping the bars.  Luckily there is a wealth of stuff out there on the internet so I'll keep finding harder progressions as I move forward.


Incline pike pushups were hard today - probably because I did them yesterday.  In retrospect I should have rested those today and just did them over the weekend.  They felt week and uncomfortable and my reps were down.  Hopefully they will be better on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 78

Not much today - missed lunch due to meetings.  But this morning I did get in some dips after my stretching.  Three sets - 20,18,15 of regul...