Monday, April 24, 2017

Day 27

Long weekend of soccer - all in all, 8 games between kids playing and refereeing - a little sunburned but fun.


Not getting to they gym at lunch today, so I got my workout in this morning.  Sciatica is still not great, better but not great, so I just got a mile in on the treadmill, which left me with plenty of time to get in my strength workout.


Classic Workout #1 Sets Reps Actual
       
Pushup 3 20 20,20,20
Pullup 3 5-10 5,5,4,5,5,4,5,5,4
Hanging Knee Raise 3 15-20 20,15,15
Pike Pushups 3 15 15,15,15
Dips 3 10 10,10,10


I supersetted the pushups with my first 3 sets of pullups and was able to get through all 20 in each, next workout I am going to move to wide pushups in the progression.


Pullup sets all went fine, was able to get two sets of 5 and one set of 4 in for each type of pullup - regular, neutral and chin up.  Will keep progressing on these until I plateau, which I always seem to do around 8 pullups.  Hopefully this will change this time, but we'll see.


Hanging knee raises - I did remember I was supposed to go to 20 to complete this level so I just tried and got 20 in the first set, then did 15 in the next two.  Will keep working to get these up to 20 in all three sets.


Pike pushups - I forgot I was going to go to incline pike pushups this time - oh well, next time.


Dips were fine - a little tired as these were last but I got through them - will look for the next progression on dips for next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 78

Not much today - missed lunch due to meetings.  But this morning I did get in some dips after my stretching.  Three sets - 20,18,15 of regul...