Friday, April 21, 2017

Day 24

Workout felt good today.  Here's where I ended up:


Classic Workout #1 Sets Reps Actual
       
Pushup 3 20 20,20,13
Pullup 3 5-10 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4
Hanging Knee Raise 3 15-20 15,15,15
Pike Pushups 3 15 15,15,15
Dips 3 10 8,10,10


So pushups I still seem to be struggling with a bit.  Today I supersetted them with my first three sets of pullups.  They felt good but I couldn't get too deep into the last set.


Pullups, I did 9 sets of 4 - 3 sets of overhand, underhand and neutral grip.


Hanging knee raises I did the 3 sets of 15, forgetting that the sets should go up to 20.  I'll work on getting up to 20 next time.  That's what I get for not writing it all down before I went to the gym.


Pike pushups were fine - next time I will elevate my feet for the pike pushups and see how far I can get.  I also think I'll throw in one or two sets of headstands to start getting used to being upside down and engaging my core.  I always found that when doing handstands I seem to really arch my back, which has hurt me in the past.  I think I need to work on keeping my body in a straight line when inverted before I try going to handstand pushups.


Dips were fine - missed the first set, not sure why, but was able to get the next two out.


Weekend off, more on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 78

Not much today - missed lunch due to meetings.  But this morning I did get in some dips after my stretching.  Three sets - 20,18,15 of regul...