Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Day 22

Okay, today I started the classic workouts.  Not everything went as planned but overall it felt pretty good.  Here was my plan


Classic Workout #1 Sets Reps Actual
Squat 3 20 ------
Pushup 3 20 20,13,12
Pullup 3 5-10 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3
Hanging Knee Raise 3 15-20 15,15,15
Pike Pushups 3 15 15,15,15
Dips 3 10 10,10,8


As you can see, the pushups didn't go quite as planned - just felt a little tired while doing those.  the rest I was very happy with. 


For the pull-ups I modified it a little.  I really used to love doing pull ups, but I like to mix it up and do all three kinds, regular grip, neutral grip, and chin ups.  So instead of trying to do 3 max sets of just regular grip pullups, I tested myself with  9 sets of 3 pullups, 3 sets using each grip.  Each one felt like I could have done another rep (probably) but I felt good at the end of it and felt like I got a workout.  I'll build these up over the next few weeks, relatively slowly but I'll get there.


Missed a few dips just from being tired.  Going to look for another progression for dips though to make them a bit tougher maybe in a few workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 78

Not much today - missed lunch due to meetings.  But this morning I did get in some dips after my stretching.  Three sets - 20,18,15 of regul...