Friday, April 28, 2017

One Month Update

So it has been one month (wow, that actually went by pretty quickly) since I started this Strength Rules workout program.  Here is how I think it went.


So far, so good.  I definitely feel stronger.  I don't think I'll be doing any of those crazy calisthenics moves (muscle ups, human flags, etc...) for a bit, but I'm okay with that.  The workouts, while still hard, seem more comfortable as I get used to doing the pushup and pullup movements.  Dips are still an awkward one for me and I think they will just get more awkward when I get to doing single bar dips.  But they are a necessary evil.


I am seeing some definition in my muscles - mainly in the chest and some in the biceps.  I would have liked to see more in the shoulders, but that hopefully will come with time.


Not seeing my abs.  I can definitely feel them when I tighten them up now, but my diet is not great so I don't expect them to pop out any time soon.  I just like my crappy food too much.  I am trying to limit myself to healthier stuff but I fall off the wagon way too often to expect my body fat percentage to drop low enough to get a six pack.  At least for now.


All in all, happy with the progress.  I'll post pictures soon with before and after to see if I can see a difference.


Now, back to working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 78

Not much today - missed lunch due to meetings.  But this morning I did get in some dips after my stretching.  Three sets - 20,18,15 of regul...