Friday, March 31, 2017

Day 3

Repeated Workout #1 again, no issues - still feel it a little afterwards, but not as much as Wednesday.  Which is good because on Monday I'll move up to some harder exercises and will more than likely not make the full totals.


Again, I did supersets with about a minute rest in between each superset, just for times sake.  I think it worked well - got a good workout in, but kept it to under a half hour for lunch.


Ran 6.5 miles this morning.


This weekend I plan to get in a long run, but will probably only throw in some stretching and core work around that - depending on time and how the weather is, supposed to snow.  Ugh.


So Monday will be Starter Workout #3, which adds one more exercise (dips) and advances all the exercises to the next progression:


Starter Workout #3 Sets Reps
Split Squat 3 15
Feet apart Pushups 3 10-20
Bench Dips 3 10
Australian Pullups 3 5-10
Flex Hang   30
Sit Up 3 20
Straight Bridge   60


For purposes of my workout and to advance the exercise progression, I will do the Australian Pullups with my feet raised up on a bench to increase the difficulty, since I already did the 3x10 reps of regular Australian Pullups.  The rest I will do as prescribed.


Again, my plan will be that if I do master any of these, I will still repeat this workout exact for a second time next week before progressing that exercise.  I really don't see myself hitting the max reps for all of these exercises.  I also may need to break this workout up into two sessions, one in the morning, one at lunch because seven exercises may exceed my lunch break.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 78

Not much today - missed lunch due to meetings.  But this morning I did get in some dips after my stretching.  Three sets - 20,18,15 of regul...